Friday, February 6, 2009

ARE THERE NO MORE CHEERS BUT TEARS?


This is a poem I wrote many moons ago when I was struggling through life as an overseas student! 
I dedicate it to the people of Perak who are now going through a period of dark uncertainty and also to the man who holds the power to make a positive difference!






THE FLY


A fly, I am, I fly
Buzzingly high afloat the suburbian sky
A telling speck among shades of hue
Hello Life, what else is new !

Free me from this subliming haze
Feel me, the anger welling deep in me
Away from this maddening daze
Tell me,how do you want it to be!

Are you a friend
Different, a helping hand over my stumbling fence
Or just a common flan
Indifferent,engorged by the lack of common sense?

A fly, I am, I must fly
Lost in such a dark unfriendly sky
Plain, lame, more refuse for an old game
Pain, flame, has revisited us ,just the same !



5 comments:

halimah said...

A poignant poem! A sense of hopeleness and dejection! A puny fly about to be entrapped and entangled in a web of honey/ money!

I have faith that there are enough sensible people out there who have their feet (only two as opposed to the fly's 6?)firmly on the ground, and to whom neither honey nor money can intoxicate them!

Do share more of your writings!

ocho-onda said...

I sincerely hope that it is just the sentiment of hopelessness and dejection sweeping through the grounds at the moment and that it will not get any worse !
And I appeal to the parties involved to go through the peaceful avenues to solve the impasse and that common sense will prevail, at the end of the day.

Unknown said...

WOW! You can write!!! That is a very deep poem and obviously written at a time when you had to cope with many struggles. 'Tis sad what our country is going through but you are lucky, being away. Yet, the ties that bind and the love for the motherland must surely make your heart bleed.

Drop me a line at masterwordsmith2@gmail.com if you are free.

Take care and please share more of your poems. Mine pales in comparison to yours. :-)

Have a lovely weekend.

cheers

Argus Lou said...

Hello, Ocho-onda. Thanks for visiting my blog. Saya mesti menjenguk di sini juga. Your blog is very interesting and colourful - must find time one day to read more.
Best wishes from a fellow M'sian living in Switzerland.

ocho-onda said...

Masterwordsmith,

Nah ! I am just an amateur lah. I used to write a lot though when I was living on the edge,like. Writing was a form of catharsis, more like therapy if you like, to ease the angsts made more pronounced, living in a foreign land !
Thanks for your kind comment, just the same. And I admire your modesty for I truly enjoy reading your writings as well! Thanks for the email addy! Cheers.

Argus Lou,

Thanks for dropping in and you are also most welcomed ! How nice to be in touch with a fellow overseas Malaysian ! Keep in touch ! Cheers